BULK TRASH PICK UP is now the 2nd week of the month.
Here are a few things that you can do to help keep PEHA in compliance with City of Dallas codes
• The City does issue fines as high as $2000 if Bulk Trash compliance is violated.
• SET OUT Days are – Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday BEFORE the collection week
• PICK UP Weeks start on the 2nd Monday of the month
• Inform your Lawn mowing service to abide by the dates as well.
• We typically drive around the neighborhood on the weekend before the set out dates to note who has set out bulk trash too early. If we see something, we report it to 311.
• For more information, see www.dallasbrushandbulk.com
Zoning is responsible for monitoring and acting to ensure that PEHA abides by existing zoning and City of Dallas regulations. We try to provide information, reminders and alerts which is the only way we can spread the word to the homeowners to avoid the likelihood of receiving fines. It takes every house to ensure that our neighborhood is in compliance with the City of Dallas Deeds and Regulations which cover a diverse group of topics. As homeowners/residents, we should focus on the regulations that impact the value of our property, and maintain our streets to sustain and increase our property values.
We should care about:
- how we manage weekly trash and monthly bulk trash,
- what we should recycle,
- when we are supposed to water our lawns,
- how we park our cars,
- when the grass/weeds get too tall,
- and other items listed
There are also many City of Dallas services available from “311” that you may need. You can reach 311 in three different convenient ways –
- by computer at http://311.dallascityhall.com/CWI/ServiceRequest.mvc/SRIntake,
- by telephone, dial “311”,
- by mobile app (City of Dallas 311)
The Top Ten 311 Service Requests are for:
About Weekly Regular and Recyclable Trash
- Trash is picked up weekly on Tuesday, usually in the morning
- Regular Trash should be put into the GRAY City of Dallas trash roll cart
- Recyclable Trash should be put into the BLUE City of Dallas trash roll cart
About Bulk Trash
- Bulk Trash is PICKED UP during the SECOND week of the month
- Bulk Trash can be PUT OUT on the sidewalk in front of your house starting on the THURSDAY before the 2nd Monday of the month (see the Bulk Trash reminder)
- If you put out bulk trash too early, you may receive a City of Dallas fine for $261or more.
- When bulk trash is out too early it attracts undesirable animals and your neighbors have to walk around your trash for over a week. Please be considerate.
- Do not park your cars in front of bulk trash during PICK UP week as the trucks will not be able to reach your bulk trash and will not pick it up resulting in a possible fine if left out after pick up.
- Always park your cars in the proper direction on the street to avoid a ticket (even #’s park facing East, odd #’s park facing West). This allows emergency vehicles to pass if needed.
- Cars are NOT supposed to be parked in the same location for more than 24 continuous hours. If you park a car in front of your house, move it every 24 hours.
The Waste Diversion Group from the City of Dallas Sanitation Services has created a volunteer program to inform the community to better protect our landfills.
Consider some of the following and learn more about how you can join PEHA’s crusade on this important environmental practice!
- Do you understand what happens in our landfills and why recycling makes an impact?
- How should you recycle pizza boxes instead of throwing them in the garbage?
- Do you know what types of plastics are on the approved list to recycle?
- Do you know the best way to discard hazardous materials such as paint?
- Are there paper products you are uncertain whether or not to recycle?
- Do you know how to get a blue recycle roll cart if you don’t have one?
- Do you know a better way to discard your large electronics boxes from TV purchases, etc. versus waiting for monthly bulk trash pick-up?
- Do you have a basic understanding of composting, how it impacts you and the environment? And how easy it is to do in your home or yard?
- Did you know students can gain community service hours to learn about recycling and spreading the word to others?
If you’d like to know more, click here for the City of Dallas Zoning Webpage. Thank you for your help!