Did you know that PEHA maintains several public areas in our neighborhood?
This represents about 70% or more of the budget each year. The significant variable over the years has been the increasing cost of water from the City of Dallas.
The map shows all the areas where we water and the areas that we mow which helps to enhance the value of the neighborhood.
- On Hillcrest from La Bolsa going north to the alley of Bluefield and Carta Valley
- On Meandering Way from La Sobrina going south to Clearhaven
- On La Bolsa from Hillcrest going east to Alto Caro
- Along the back alley of Bluefield and Carta Valley once a month from April to October
In addition, we water and maintain the trees and flowers at:
- The corner garden of La Bolsa and Hillcrest called the South Corner
- The corner garden at the Carta Valley Alley and Meandering Way called the North Corner
Yard of the Month
Each month, the VP Beautification and the Board select a home that represents a beautifully maintained, creative, and colorful front lawn as the Yard of the Month. A sign will be posted in the yard, so when driving in the neighborhood, be sure to look out for the neighbor who has the great lawn! (See images below for recent Yard of the Month winners!)
Occasionally, we ask for volunteers to help “clean up” the North or South corners and also help water some of the areas along the Preston Trail. Look for announcements on the website, emails and on Next Door during the year.
In July 2015, with the support from funds collected for our Veterans, and with Sandy Leonard’s leadership, we installed a flag pole at the south corner (La Bolsa and Hillcrest) where we will fly a large US flag during holidays and special occasions.
Each December, many of our homeowners volunteer to help decorate the neighborhood with colorful wreaths. If you would like to help, look for the volunteer details in the email announcement.
For any information on Beautification, contact Jake Fry at firstname.lastname@example.org